The Health and Information Festival in Niagara-on-the-Lake is an annual event hosted by NMWIG and hard working individuals and agencies in the Region. This event provides migrant farm workers with a fun and entertaining social event as well as providing them with valuable health and service information . Up to 400 workers attend this event each year. In the past we have had the following:
- Dozens of agency representatives from organizations that provide service or information to migrant workers on issues such as
- maintaining your health in Canada- primary care
- Occupational health techniques to reduce the chance of injury
- First Aid and other information
- on-site blood pressure readings and healthy eating tips
- How properly remove pesticide residue from clothing
- much, much more!
- A bicycle raffle
- A Caribbean/Mexican themed meal
- Games, draws, prizes
- Entertainment, music and even dancing!
Do you want to be a part of helping migrant workers in Niagara to feel a part of our community? To help provide them with valuable health and service information?
Then WE NEED YOU!
The 9th annual Health and Information Festival will take place on June 4th, 2017 from 4-8 pm. We are looking for volunteers to:
- Help us with event planning (no prior experience necessary!)
- Help with Spanish translation on the day of the event
- Help with set up, kitchen, etc. on the day of the event
Workers visiting the information displays at the 2015 Health and Information Festival!